Friday, November 6, 2009

So over this nonsense

I am a Christian for those of you who do not know. I love God and I serve Him above all things. Over the summer I was shown the depth of God's love (or at least my small ability to comprehend it) and so I have been trying to give that love to others. I am finding it incredibly hard in a world where Christians are telling me to not be friends with gays or like musicals. I love people! I love everyone whether you are gay, lesbian, cross-dresser, cutter, druggie, pole dancer, or anything in this world. I love because God has shown love to me. And I think this ties in really well with the one lesson I learned over the summer. The reason I love God is because He is so kind and loving. He loves us where we are and He never expects us to be perfect when we come to Him. Maybe if we, as Christians, spent more time loving people and showing them God's kind character, maybe, just maybe gays wouldn't think God hates them or maybe it would convince the druggie that there is some one out there who loves them so much. God's kindness has the ability to change people but if we are sitting around hating on everyone then they are not going to see God's love displayed through us. I came to God because of His unconditional love and kindness, not because I was afraid of hell. If I came to God just to escape hell then all I would be seeking is fire insurance, not the love that God has offered. God did not come to heal the healthy, but to heal the sick. He came to save sinners. I am not saying that homosexuality, drug use, or sexual lifestyles are to be accepted. They should never be accepted BUT WE STILL NEED TO LOVE THEM REGARDLESS! I am tired of fighting with Christians on this issue and it is starting to bug me quite a bit. God loves everyone, no matter whether they like it or not! Show the same to others. I truly believe that homosexuals are the least witnessed to group and they are the ones who need God's love.

So here is your challenge: Show God's love to people you do not believe deserve His love (Aka everyone because even I do not deserve His love).

No comments:

Post a Comment