Monday, December 7, 2009

until we are satisfied with the love of God we will never be fully satisfied!

The title truly says it all.

But there is more to this blog…

So for the past few weeks I have been going through some ups and downs. Mostly ups which is good but I just want to share something that has troubled my heart for a long time: the desire to find a husband.

Now I know what you are going to say, “Don’t worry, you have plenty of time.” Well guess what, that is not what I want to hear. I have this intense fear that I will never find the person I am supposed to be with aka that there is no person I am suppose to be with. This fear has gripped me so much and filled my head with lies. Here are some of the lies I am constantly fighting inside my head:

1. I am not worthy of love

2. I am not beautiful

3. There is something wrong with me thus no one will love me

These lies have shaped my mind into something I never wanted for myself. And how did this happen? Because I let myself believe that I was defined by how many heads I could turn or how many boyfriends I had or who fell in love with me. This is where the title kicks into play. Until we are satisfied with the love that God gives, the love that is never ending and more than sufficient for all our desire, we will never be fully happy/satisfied. We will always search for more and always come up empty.

Thanks to my beautiful friend Alissa, I have been given the challenge to shut these lies out and combat against them with the truth of God. If you are struggling with the same thing I would encourage you to find verses to memorize so when the voice of lies comes into your mind, you can guard yourself. My verses of choice are as follows:

To fight the “I am not worthy of being loved” lie: Isaiah 43

Israel's Only Savior

1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

3 For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush a]">[a] and Seba in your stead.

4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you,
and people in exchange for your life.

5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.

6 I will say to the north, 'Give them up!'
and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.'
Bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the ends of the earth-

To combat the “I am not beautiful” lie:

Zephaniah 3:17 (New International Version)

17 The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."

To combat the “there is something wrong with me” lie:

1 John 3

1How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

I hope you may all find encouragement….Seek God because only in Him comes true love and hope that can surpass anything we desire on this earth!

3 comments:

  1. Amen! There is a book by Carolyn McCulley originally title "A hope defered" that truly has meant a lot to me as i think over these things...One of my biggest fears was that of being unloveable and when I am not walking close to Christ, it is one of the biggest struggles that returns. It was always easy to love my neighbor, but the verse says, "love your neighbor as you love yourself" and that meant I had to love myself not in a self-absorbed way, but how God loves me.

    I commend you for stepping into truth...keep stepping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on fighting the good fight! God is good and His love is better than life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its soooo wonderful to hear that God is speaking to you!!! :D YES!

    ReplyDelete