Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Greenhouse STP

STP 2010 has been amazing so far. We are studying the book of Colossians and really just running after God in this two week period. The first week is done and while it seemed like the longest week of my life, it has also been such a good week.

Our daily Schedule
  • 8:30-9am: Breakfast
  • 9-9:20am: Worship through music
  • 9:20-11:20: Bible study prep
  • 11:20-12:20: Bible study in our teams
  • 12:20-1: Lunch
  • 1-5: Work (I work in the dining hall, go figure=)
  • 6-7: Dinner
  • 7-whenever: Nav Night or team bonding
With all that I am learning here, I am somewhat disappointed. I imagined that God would just change my life through me studying Colossians but I honestly do not feel like I am getting anything from the study itself. I am learning so much from all the other things. Here are some questions that have stuck out in my mind.

Have been thinking critically about what I believe about God?
Is God and His word what drives my thinking or do I use Him as a resource, not the source?
Am I being transparent and vulnerable?

I am realizing how much I am not vulnerable with my sin and that is hindering me from getting beyond this sin. I am more worried about my standing with people than getting past these sins I fall into over and over again. I also got to do evangelism with a stranger for the first time yesterday. I shared the bridge with a girl named Stefanie from Switzerland and it was so exciting. She did not jump all over wanting to be saved because she doesn't see a need for God but it made me realize I have a heart for the international students. I think I want to do an IBD with I-House next semester.

God has been so gracious here at STP and I cannot wait to share more, but for now I am going to go eat dinner. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment