Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pre-STP: The Close of My Fourth Semester at CSULB

Well, I am now officially moving into my third year at CSULB. It is super crazy just how much things are changing in my life. Just thinking about where I was at the beginning of this semester and how God is changing my heart has been astounding and mind boggling. I am truly blessed, even when the changes hurt.

As I prepare to head to Summer Training Program with the Navigators at Pine Valley Bible Camp, I am thinking about what I want to see happen. I really want to spend a lot of quiet time with God. I know that once I get home, I might get distracted with matters in CC. I am praying that this intentional time with God will carry me home and help me seek consistency in my walk with Christ. I do not really know what to expect for STP, I just know God is going to work and I am excited to see that.

I am also working through not being sad about all of the friends who are graduating or moving far away. I had a good cry about that on the way back from the beach today and I am just praying to God that He comforts my heart and blocks out the lies that satan is telling me in that I will never see these people again. I hope that even if that be the case that I will be ok with that and be happy for these wonderful friends and the journey that God has in store for them. I know that someday, approaching quite soon, I will be one of these people who leave to continue the journey elsewhere. God has work that is to be done and I am trying to get to a place where that doesn't frighten me so.

This summer is looking so promising. I am praying that God will help me in CC, working with my home church and the youth that are there, I am planning some ideas for fun outreach days with the youth. I also want to be a blessing to my Dad's best friend, Steve Knight. As of right now, it looks like I may be working with his campaign this summer. I just pray that God's hand is visible in this campaign. I hate politics but Steve is like my Uncle and I adore him. He is a great person and truly loves God. I just pray that I can be a light in the dark political world as he has been too!

I am running on very little sleep after an all-night adventure [which was amazing] and so I think I shall conclude this blog post. I love you all and pray that you are seeking God above all else!

No comments:

Post a Comment