Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Summer Preview

First off....DEUTSCHLAND:
So as some of you know I will be heading to Germany in about a week. It is crazy how the time has flown by! God has provided enough for the trip and I am trusting that He has the rest of my summer figured out financially. I have $700 to get me through Germany and the rest of my summer so it is going to be extremely tight but I trust that God has it. If you know of any baby sitting jobs or yard work that needs to be done, please contact me and I would love to help! The trip is going to be amazing and I know that God is going to teach me a lot through this experience. I am equally expectant that He is going to use me in some way to minister to the people I am going with. Please be praying for safety, understanding, and openness for us all. I cannot thank you all who supported me enough and be expecting a little thank you in the coming months =)

Now onto the rest of summer:
The "Why I Love This Town" Project:
So every summer I come home and for the first couple of weeks everything goes fine. I sleep in, I rearange my room, I clean the house, I catch up on my shows, and all is well. But once all that is done I end up feeling bored and start questioning the love of my friends and family. This is how it has been for the past two summers and I am not letting that be the case for this summer. So as the boredom began to creep in on me, I decided that I needed to be reminded of why I love being home. Thus the idea for this project was born. In the Bible, people would build alters in places where God showed something to the people. Whenever I think of this, I am reminded of how Jacob named the place where he wrestled with God (Gen. 32:22-32). It is not an alter but it has significant meaning and allows for Jacob to remember a lesson from God. How can I be content where God has me if I am not reminded of the significance that God has on this place not only in my life but in others?

This is just a sneek preview of what is to come. More to come tomorrow (or later today)!

No comments:

Post a Comment