Saturday, August 29, 2009

Deja Vu

Déjà vu

So I finally got some down time to update my blog. The past day and a half has been filled with seeing old/new friends, meeting parents, pizza, coffee, hanging with my Dad, awesome hugs, and very little sleep. It is totally worth it and the fact that I am really seeing God’s hand in things this year is making everything new for me.

I went to Convocation yesterday. In case you do not know what Convocation is, I will explain it to you. It is this huge event held at the Carpenter Center on Campus to discuss the State of the University. The Provost, chair of academic senate, and the Prez all speak on the future of the CSULB.

I looked through the P. Scholar picture book and remembered the first time I saw one. I received one on the day I was nominated for this program. I remember looking at all the people and saying to myself, there is no way you will get this. Even today I still cannot believe that I am here. I am so blessed to be here and I am still finding what God has in store here.

I started to tear up a little when I thought back on how far things have come over the past year. I am an overly emotional individual so this is not surprising to me. My relationship with God is so much more now than it was a year ago. I have mellowed out a whole lot. I have made friendships that I know will grow. I might have also gained some weight so I might need to change that one lol. But for the most part, I am a different person than I was a year ago.

Be in prayer for my first week as I am getting used to a new schedule[both work and school] and I also have a lot of walking to do. I need to water!

No comments:

Post a Comment