Monday, August 17, 2009

Encore Deluxe

So it has been an intense day.

Yesterday my friend [I call him my brother] and his girl friend came down to spend the night here in cc and then today we went to our friend Katrina's birthday get together at her house. I was extremely nervous to meet my friend's girl friend and I just prayed all day yesterday that we would get along great and that she wouldn't hate me. Well God definitely answered that prayer. I loved her to death and while she might not find me cool that is ok.

I love being able to see how God works in other people's lives and also getting the chance to share what God is doing in me.

Today went pretty much according to plan, which if you know me....nothing happens like I plan it to. I was able to get my transcript request in without waiting in line, I got new strings and a new strap for my guitar [the strap is amazing fyi], and I got to spend quality time with people that I truly love and play the awesome game of Encore. I was nervous because I was going to be hanging out with the guy I liked a lot [if you are clueless about who this is...read the previous blog] and I wanted things to be normal and chill. But as soon as I saw him i felt anger and sadness.

Looking back on our time together today I wish I could do some things differently. Like just joking around and really opening up like we used to. I felt distant and he probably did too which makes me sad. I am hoping he will come out to visit me before we go back to LB and we can really talk and just get things square between us. He is such a good friend and I need to treat him better than I did today, I pray gives me the chance.

Then I got to meet up with my friend Isa at Jack-N-The-Box and just talk about what God is doing in our lives. If you do not know Isa then you are sadly being deprived of one of the best people in the world. Today our conversation turned in a way I didn't expect and she said something I didn't agree with. Last year I would have gotten into a debate but today I just listened and desired to learn from her...not jump down her throat like I do normally with people who disagree with me. God is definitely teaching me patience and giving me a heart that longs to learn and understand...not totally criticize.

God is working in my life so much that sometimes I get lost in what He is doing. I am seeing change and definitely hurting from it but also loving it. Its like the pain that comes from exercise.

I need some serious prayer because lately I have had no desire to eat or sleep. These are two things I need and please pray that soon I will be able to eat [healthy of course] and sleep and actually want to.

That is it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment