Friday, August 14, 2009

I do not blog

The title of this blog is exactly how I felt a year ago when asked why I didn't have a blog. And to some extent, the statement is still true. However, I feel that I should jump on this bandwagon or whatever because I want people to know what is going on in my life and how they can pray for not only me but for others that I may come in contact with.

So let us begin with an update on the current life of me...sounds awfully conceited.

For those of you who do not know, I am going to be starting my second year at CSULB. This past week I was hit with a total of five anxiety attacks. Most came when I was trying to figure out how much I owed for food plan or when I was worried that i would not have my job this coming fall. Then, when I would try to read my Bible I would get intense warm spells that made me feel sick or I would find it hard to breathe. This was definitely not normal.

I finally got stuff academically and financially fixed so I was able to breathe easier. And when the attacks started coming in really bad while I was reading, I got on facebook. Thank goodness for the prayers of good friends!

I have been doing a study of Zephaniah. I know it makes Katrina laugh a lot when I say that I never realized there was a Zephaniah but I truly didn't. How did I not know this great book existed? Any ways, it has been convicting me a lot on my walk with God. I know [now fully] that God's grace does not leave but that I want to study the Bible more to deepen my relationship with Him. This book, along with Blue Like Jazz, has shown me a lot about how I treat others and how I treat God. God placed these things into my life for a purpose, and believe me they have had their affect.

So in short: God has transformed my thinking this summer, prayer is helping thwart the attacks of Satan, and I am going to have a job this year....yay!

Well I will update more later. Peace

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to learn more about you and your world. I will gladly hold you up in prayer. We love you!

    ReplyDelete