Monday, August 24, 2009

God's Infinite Love

God’s infinite love

So I could have just left the title and that would have been enough. God is sufficient for all my needs and definitely for this blog.

But I am not going to. =)
The past week has been incredibly weird and God is showing me more and more how much he loves me. Last time I added to the blog I had mentioned my sleep deprivation and my lack of wanting foodage. Well that continued pretty steadily until yesterday [Sunday] where for some reason I was craving some food and also a well needed nap [I only got the food but God delivered me great friends to keep me awake].
I was also incredibly stupid this weekend. I went against God’s will and took things into my own actions. I realized the second after I gave into my wants what an idiotic move that was. Why do I seem to have some extreme authority issues with the God of the universe but not a mere man? Geez. But I have been praying not only for God’s forgiveness but also for Him to change my wants and desires to fit His plan. I also told Him to keep a thumb on me so I cannot move until He says. Obedience is difficult, but, as I discussed with Katrina earlier, it is better to be stabbed in the face [with truth] than to be stabbed in the back [with lies or truth].
I was really excited because last week I got to work with my favorite teacher from high school, Mr. Hartsock. I got to share with him what I have been learning about God and it is funny because I finally understand what Hartsock was getting at for the past five years. God is love and judgment all in one, who am I to dictate His moves?
I go back to Long Beach this week and I am praying nonstop for a year that brings glory to my loving God and keeps me in His loving arms. I need prayer to really keep my focus on God and His desires, not my own. I also need to pray that I can stop being so self-serving and really be a true servant of the most high!
Please keep me in your prayers this semester, and especially the upcoming week. I am going to need some serious strength. I would even be ok with God’s weakness and foolishness because it is infinitely more than I will ever need. [Thanks for giving that awesome advice at Last Blast Alissa!]
Peace =)

No comments:

Post a Comment